WMG Late: Under Construction brings together art, music, food and drink inspired by our current special exhibition, David Mabb’s Announcer, which explores the political ideas of Russian typographer El Lissitzky:
- Performance artist Sophie Herxheimer debuts an Announcer-inspired work combining poetry, drawing and print
- The Forest Poets perform their own responses to Announcer, plus readings of Russian Futurist poetry
- Illustrator Phoebe Swan shows visitors how to make their own Constructivist mobile
- The Gallery’s Tea Room hosts an artisan vodka bar featuring vodka from local distilleries Element 29 and the East London Liquor Company
- DJ Lisa Stardust spins Eastern folk, 70s punk, new wave and Balkan disco
Our bimonthly lates are a chance to experience the award-winning museum from a whole new perspective. Each WMG Late features music, art, food and drink inspired by the Gallery’s permanent collection and its temporary exhibitions.