In line with the latest advice from the Government and Public Health England, the permanent displays of the William Morris Gallery are now open to the public again. The Gallery's opening hours are Tuesday to Sunday, 10am – 5pm.
As capacity is reduced we strongly advise you to book in advance using the safe and secure Art Tickets platform. Booking guarantees access to the Gallery and saves time as your "track and trace" details are recorded in advance.
Please read the following information carefully before planning a visit.
- There will be strict social distancing measures in place, including one way routes and spaced queuing systems, and our toilet facilities will be reduced.
- All visitors will be asked to leave contact details in line with the Government’s “track and trace” scheme. Your details will be kept for no longer than necessary and in line with data protection rules.
- While you’re visiting the Gallery please keep to social distancing guidelines, ideally two metres for anyone not from the same household.
- You are encouraged to wear a face covering for the safety of other visitors and staff.
- Hand sanitising facilities are available at the entrance to the Gallery and other key points. Please sanitise your hands before entering the Gallery.
- You may be asked to queue if the Gallery is too busy when you arrive and in exceptional circumstances we may turn visitors away. If you are planning a special visit please contact us before travelling.
- We are working to introduce advance online booking from 27 July. Please check our website and social media for the latest visitor information.
The Gallery shop is now open from Tuesday – Sunday, 10am – 5pm. A maximum of two customers are allowed in the shop at any one time and we can only accept cashless payments. You can also order online for delivery or use our pick up (click and collect) service.
Our special exhibition space will remain closed until mid-August – only the permanent displays are open to the public. Unfortunately we were unable to extend Kehinde Wiley: The Yellow Wallpaper any further. You can see images of all the works from the exhibition on our website.
The Tea Room
The Tea Room will be open Wednesday to Sunday 10am - 3pm (not on Tuesdays) serving a reduced range of hot and cold drinks, salad boxes, sandwiches and cakes.